NB: Optic Green is now produced as a single colour, two coat application which now fully matches our current Optic Green fabric.
The Bristol VFX Paint Range consists of colour correct paints for the decoration of VFX backing ground screen areas as well as specific items that might be required.
VFX Paints are designed to provide a coherent strategy for creating the required environment for shooting visual effects sequences they are also fully compatible with the VFX Fabrics range .
The VFX Paint range consist of seven VFX Paint shades, which are considered to be the most significant colours for keying and are compatible with all current Film, Video, DV and HD formats.
All our VFX Paints are generally available ex-stock in large quantities, should you have a large foreseeable requirement we do advise giving us a call so we ensure fresh stocks are on hand when required.
VFX Colours available:
Deep Optic Blue (Chromakey Blue), Optic Blue (Ultimate Blue), Digi Blue (Digital Blue), Deep Optic Green (Chromakey Green), Optic Green, (Digi Green, Ultimate Green) Optic Red and Optic Yellow
- VFX Paints give excellent coverage and dry to a totally matt non reflective finish.
- Our VFX Paints are water based, produced using pure pigment for high definition colour.
- As with all Bristol Paints the substrate should be clean and degreased.
- If a new cloth is being used, priming is recommended prior to application of the VFX Paint
- Our VFX Paints require a maximum two-coat application for a fast and economic finish. Coverage is approximately 8 - 10 m2 per litre, this may vary depending on the porosity of the substrate as well as the density of paint applied.
- VFX Paint can be applied by brush, roller, conventional pressure pot system as well as airless spray systems. Spray gun tip and filter need to be compatible.
- Providing substrate is suitable primed, studio floors can also be painted using VFX Paint . For PVC substrates, this can be achieved by using our exclusive water based "high adhesion" painting system. Call us for further information
- All VFX Paints are’ non fire stimulating’ and can be applied over any suitable fire resistant substrate without effecting existing FR rating (see FR statement in VFX Paints downloads)